Skin diseases usually leave some type of irritation or sore as redness on the skin’s surface. Rashes are clusters of reddened areas on the skin. There are many skin diseases which people fall prey to and this does not just affect the appearance but also affects self-confidence. Therefore, it becomes very important to protect the skin, because it is the most exposed organ of our body and tends to suffer from different medical conditions. There is a very strong bond between the way your skin looks and the way you feel. Several skin diseases and skin problems are psychosomatic and result from stress and anxiety. Even a small reaction is visible on your skin.
Let us have a look at some of the common skin diseases.
Though acne is not a life-threatening skin problem, it can lead to the scarring of skin and can indicate a deeper problem like PCOS or thyroid disorders.
Eczema is also known as atopic dermatitis which is characterized by red, itchy and inflamed skin and is a chronic skin problem. Eczema skin issues are mostly seen in children, but adults may experience it too. Eczema is a skin problem that tends to flare up periodically and may be accompanied by asthma in some cases.
Psoriasis is one of the common skin diseases that occur when the life-cycle of the skin cells is speeded up. This results in the formation of red patches and scales as there is an excess build-up of cells on the surface of the skin.
When the melanocytes are unable to function or die, it results in the loss of melanin. This loss of melanin results in milky white patches and gives rise to vitiligo. Vitiligo is a chronic skin disease that causes extreme emotional stress in the vitiligo affected people.
- Lichen planus
Lichen planus is characterized by clusters or rows of dark, raised and flat-topped skin lesions. This skin disease is a chronic inflammatory skin disorder that affects the mouth, skin and the genitals.
Warts are caused by a virus called the human papillomavirus and are small, non-cancerous, usually painless growths on skin which are also known as Verruca.
How do we know if we are suffering from skin diseases or not? It’s simple. All we need to do is just have a check on the signs and symptoms of the skin diseases so that we have a better idea of what is affecting us and then consult a doctor on an immediate basis.
Your skin will mostly exhibit one or more of the below mentioned signs and symptoms if you’re suffering from any skin disease –
- Raised bumps
- Peeling skin
- Discoloured patches of skin
- Cracked or dry skin
- A loss of skin pigment
- Fleshy bumps
- Other skin growths
- Excessive flushing
- Changes in mole colour or size
- Raised bumps that are white or red in colour
- Rough skin
- Open sores
- A rash that might be painful
These signs and symptoms need to be addressed by the doctor. He/she can give you the treatment accordingly.
Homeopathy for skin diseases
The best solution for skin diseases is homeopathy. Some advantages of homeopathy for skin diseases are as follows –
- Homeopathy treats skin diseases without any side-effects and is non-invasive in nature.
- It also treats the associated complaints such as diabetes and thyroid disorders.
- It does not suppress the skin diseases by using local applicators or ointment but treats the root cause of the problem.
- It offers long-term relief from skin diseases.
- It also extends beyond the physical symptoms to address the underlying conditions of mental stress, depression and anxiety that are generally seen in the patients suffering from skin diseases.
Why Dr Batra’s™?
At Dr Batra’s™, they make sure that patients get the best skin treatment in homeopathy. They have customized solutions for different skin diseases. They have a dedicated team of homeopathic doctors who diagnose the root cause of the skin disease and then prescribe the customized treatment. They believe each patient is unique and therefore their treatment also has to be unique.
- Avoid using hot water to bathe. It dries out your skin. Choose lukewarm water instead.
- Remember to cleanse, tone and moisturise.
- Choose homemade face packs. Natural ingredients such as banana, aloe vera, honey and milk are great ways to keep your skin hydrated and glowing.
- Avoid harsh scrubs. If it’s a must, limit it to once a fortnight.
- Read the label of a skincare product carefully before you buy it. Avoid the ones with alcohol content. Choose those with natural ingredients.
- Increase intake of Vitamins A and E and Omega 3 in your diet.
- After workouts, remove the tight clothes immediately and have a shower to avoid skin infections.
- Use an umbrella or scarf when you step outside to protect yourself from skin allergy.
- Consume plenty of fruits and vegetables which help in protecting your skin.